Speaker applications accepted through July 31 for fourth annual conference dedicated to promoting humanity in the workplace
FRAMINGHAM, Mass. & DUBLIN & PHOENIX, Ariz. – June 1, 2017 – Globoforce®, a leading provider of social recognition solutions, today issued a call for speakers for its WorkHuman 2018 conference, April 3-5, 2018 in Austin, Texas.
The annual WorkHuman conference, pioneered by Globoforce, is dedicated to helping educate, energize, and engage business and HR leaders to build a more human-focused work culture. The movement serves as the catalyst for creating a more inclusive and human workplace – one that values individuals as key components to the growth and success of an organization. The annual event has grown five times in size since the inaugural event in 2015, and has featured some of the world’s most influential thought leaders and visionaries, including former First Lady of the United States Michelle Obama, actors Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Rob Lowe, and Michael J. Fox and best-selling authors Adam Grant, Susan Cain, and Shawn Achor.
WorkHuman 2018 speakers will share expertise and primary research on HR topics such as performance management, social recognition, – positive psychology, leadership, the employee experience, diversity, inclusion and belonging, and building a great culture and workplace.
Main tracks for WorkHuman 2018 include:
- Crowdsourcing & The Performance Revolution – Performance management needs a revolution, not an evolution. This track is designed for HR leaders and people managers who want to learn how crowdsourced feedback, recognition, continuous conversations, and check-ins can humanize the way we motivate and develop our people.
- The Business Case for Social Recognition– As we shift away from the industrial age of HR as a siloed function, and focus more on creating an exceptional employee experience, how can HR leaders make a tangible impact on the business? Through industry research and case studies, this track showcases the business value of social recognition in driving organizational excellence, employee performance, retention, and employee happiness.
- The Shift Toward Variable Pay– This content track emphasizes how leading companies are rearchitecting pay to better align with their top performers. It also covers new variable pay strategies, such as peer-based micro-pay and crowdsourced rewards that recognize achievements throughout the year.
- Thriving Through Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging – As human beings, we want to contribute to workplaces that are positive, joyous, and inclusive. How can we elevate diversity, inclusion and belonging beyond compliance and governance to a cultural imperative? This track explores proven strategies in building a diverse workplace where every employee can thrive from experiencing a sense of inclusion and belonging.
- Humanizing Your Employer’s Brand – An organization’s culture, corporate brand, and reputation are critical to attracting and retaining talent and creating an award-winning workplace where everyone is inspired to do their best work. Here, some of the most admired global companies will discuss how to build a more human employer brand that connects employees to your company mission, helping you attract and retain the best talent in the world.
- HR as the Culture Facilitator – How are senior HR leaders tackling the megatrends that are transforming the global workplace, including performance, big data, culture and diversity, individualization, and inclusion and belonging? How can the role of the CHRO be elevated in the boardroom? This executive-level track emphasizes how to better align HR initiatives and programs with overall business objectives.
- Recognition Technology & Analytics for the Data Geek – In this content track, explore how modern recognition technology can help measure cultural change, increase engagement, track employee sentiment, and measure inclusiveness at your company. Discover the power of data in accomplishing your strategic initiatives.
- Your Whole Self – How can we create healthy environments that allow people to bring their whole, human selves to work? What are the bottom-line business benefits of focusing on wellness, mindfulness, and resilience at work? This track focuses on how to live WorkHuman in an organization by building trust between managers and employees and championing programs that enrich work/life balance, making employees feel valued, respected, and appreciated.
Submissions will be considered for:
- 30-45-minute breakout sessions
- 45-minute workshops on well-being activities; art or interactive experiences; and entertainment
- 15-minute TED-style talk sessions
“The modern workplace continues to undergo a visible transformation that bears great influence on how employees function and thrive,” said Derek Irvine, vice president, strategy and consulting services, Globoforce. “Therefore, the onus is on us and the workforce to continue educating and innovating in a way that inspires this transformation and encourages employees to bring their whole, human selves to work. The WorkHuman conference has become the platform for education and innovation in HR, and WorkHuman 2018 will continue to explore and promote the pivotal elements that drive humanity in the workplace.”
Speaker proposals will be accepted through July 31, 2017. For more information or questions about the conference, call toll-free at 844-975-4626 (844-WRKHMAN) or visit workhumanpreprod.com.
Pioneer of the WorkHuman® movement, Globoforce helps make work more human for millions of people and organizations worldwide. Its cloud-based social recognition software helps build award-winning cultures where employees feel more appreciated and socially connected at work – driving a sense of belonging and inspiring the entire organization to reach its full potential and achieve business success. Founded in 1999, the company is headquartered in Framingham, Mass., and Dublin, Ireland.