Show the World You’re Changing the Workplace for Good
Employees are demanding humanity in the workplace. Now more than ever, it’s critical to stand out as a company committed to a human-centric work environment and a positive employee experience. Becoming a Workhuman® Certified Enterprise is straightforward, fast, and free. It can help you outperform the competition—and shows the world that you are actively shaping the future of work.
Become a Workhuman Certified Enterprise today.
Workhuman Certified is recognized worldwide as the premier designation for both companies and individuals progressing along the journey to make work human.
The Workhuman Certified Advantage
Workhuman Certified distinguishes those committed to providing an environment where humans are valued as their authentic selves, do their best work, and thrive. With Workhuman Certified you will gain:
- Recognition – Use your Workhuman Certified digital toolkit of social badges and shareable content, as well as other partnered content opportunities, to elevate your brand and amplify your commitment to a human-centered workplace
- Connection – Build peer-to-peer relationships and exchange ideas in our exclusive Workhuman Certified Community which includes a broad network of working human executives and professionals
- Valuable insights – Share in the best of Workhuman research and WHiQ data to accelerate your progress toward making work human
- Exclusive access – Receive a free ticket to Workhuman Live 2022 (enterprises that apply and become Workhuman Certified before Workhuman Live kicks off on May 16, 2022); ALL Workhuman Live 2022 attendees will leave as Workhuman Certified Professionals
- Ongoing guidance – Learn from Workhuman’s leadership team, influencer community, strategic advisors, and consultants throughout the year
The New Metrics of a Human Workplace
Workhuman wrote the book on making work human (literally). And since our founding in 1999, we’ve collected a database of more than 50 million points of human workplace connections. By rigorously analyzing this data, we’ve identified key workforce shifts and the elements now essential for a positive—and human—work experience.
Workhuman Certified recognizes promise and progress, not perfection, across these 8 areas:
- The full humanity of every employee is acknowledged and celebrated, allowing their work and personal life to coexist in concert.
- Employees have confidence that decisions affecting pay are unbiased and fair relative to fellow employees’ skills and experience and to similar roles both inside and outside of the company.
A diverse, inclusive culture of belonging
- Employees are valued as their authentic selves at work and feel a sense of community with their colleagues. Initiatives that address employee mental health/wellbeing and support flexibility are prioritized.
Environmental and social stewardship
- Employees feel a sense of pride in how the organization cares for society and the environment by minimizing its footprint and establishing more sustainable and inclusive business practices and standards.
- Employees understand the impact their work has on others and feel a direct connection between their jobs and the values that are important to the organization.
- A percentage of payroll (e.g., 1%) is allocated to employee appreciation to ensure all employees regularly experience meaningful recognition moments (including peer-to-peer) that make them feel valued, recognized, and seen when they’ve done great work.
Opportunities for growth
- Employees at all levels have opportunities to learn and develop, with the expectation for everyone to receive feedback and guidance that helps map a path to a future inside (or outside) the organization.
- Employees feel physically and psychologically safe in their work environment—safe from harm, safe from exclusion, and safe to learn, contribute, and challenge the status quo. Employees have control over their personal information available to others at work and are confident in how their personal data is used and protected by the company.
Workhuman Certified recognizes promise and progress, not perfection, across these 8 areas. Download the full application guide.
Workhuman Certified: Recognizing promise and progress, not perfection, to shape the future of work.
Choose Your Path
Workhuman Certified celebrates, educates, and elevates. Plus, it’s free. All you need is a commitment to progress. To nominate your company, click the Enterprise badge below. To become your own agent of change, explore the Professional path.
Frequently Asked Questions
Workhuman Certified is free for both Enterprises and Professionals – really! All you need is a commitment to progress.
Workhuman Certified Enterprise
Workhuman Certified enables organizations to be recognized for a continued investment in and demonstrated progress towards making work more human. Truly progressive companies stand out against the competition. They appeal to and retain top talent in the marketplace.
Most enterprises can complete the application process in about 60 minutes. We ask three open-ended questions and request specific examples as evidence* demonstrating progress in each of the 8 tenets. No documents need to be uploaded. Tell us your story!
No, Workhuman Certified is open to all enterprises with a minimum of 10 full-time employees. If less, we encourage your team to participate in the Workhuman Certified Professional track.
Workhuman Certified Professional
Becoming Workhuman Certified is an opportunity to strengthen your personal and professional brand as a champion for making work human. You’ll enhance your capabilities and expand your professional network through the Workhuman Certified community.
There is no exam! Workhuman Certified recognizes progress, not perfection, and your commitment to shape the future of work.
Completing the self-guided Workhuman Certified Professional track typically takes six to eight hours. (You set your own pace at times convenient for you.) Alternatively, you can attend an annual Workhuman Live event and immerse yourself in the content and community for 3.5 days.
Tips to help you select evidence that reflects the criteria our evaluation team is looking for:
- External Validation–Industry awards and certifications that acknowledge your progress in topics related to the traits
- Action–Specific initiatives that demonstrate your efforts to turn commitment into action in relation to the traits
- Innovation–New or unique approaches you’re taking to address long-standing or complex workplace challenges
- Outcomes–Data points showing results and positive trends associated with the traits of a Workhuman Enterprise
- Employee Voice–Qualitative or quantitative impact of your human-centric actions from employees’ point of view
- Stated Commitment–Documented, visible commitment to the traits of a Workhuman Enterprise
Think of your application as a pitch that showcases your company’s progress in becoming a human-centered workplace. Tell a compelling story of that progress by summarizing your commitment and action in the eight (8) tenets of a human workplace. Support your summary by sharing specific examples of your organization’s programs and practices as evidence of your progress.
Your application is comprised of three sections, and should take about an hour to complete:
- How is your company building a human workplace? Provide an overall summary.
- Provide 2-3 specific examples/ evidence of how your organization embodies the 8 traits of a human workplace:
- Purpose-driven work
- Work-life harmony
- Diverse, inclusive culture of belonging
- Opportunities for growth
- Fair pay
- Safety (Phycological and Privacy)
- Environmental and social stewardship
- What are you committed to putting in place across the next 12 months to demonstrate your continued efforts to make work more human at your organization? Please provide as evidence, any stated commitments, documented plans, and allocated budget for these strategic initiatives.