Commit to a More Human Workplace
Employees are demanding humanity in the workplace. Become a Workhuman® Certified Enterprise and show the world you’re reshaping the future of work—while outperforming the competition.
It’s straightforward, fast, and free.
Become a Workhuman Certified Enterprise today.
Why Get Workhuman Certified?
Workhuman Certified distinguishes companies committed to providing an environment where all humans are valued and thrive.
With Workhuman Certified you will gain:
- Recognition – Take advantage of your digital toolkit and partnered content opportunities to elevate your brand and amplify your human-centered workplace
- Connection – Build relationships with like–minded executives and professionals who care just as much about their culture as you do
- Valuable insights – Put cutting-edge Workhuman research and WHiQ data to work to supercharge meaningful change
- Exclusive access – Receive a free ticket to Workhuman Live 2022 as a Workhuman Certified Enterprise; AND all Workhuman Live attendees will leave as Workhuman Certified Professionals
- Ongoing guidance – Learn from and work with Workhuman’s leadership team, influencer community, strategic advisors, and consultants
Data that Makes a Difference
Workhuman literally wrote the book on making work human, and we’ve got a database of more than 50 million points of human workplace connections. Even if you’re not a numbers person, you can trust that the data offers actionable insights on key workforce shifts and what’s essential now for a human work experience.
Workhuman Certified recognizes promise and progress, not perfection, across these 8 areas:
Opportunities for growth
- Employees at all levels have opportunities to learn and develop, with feedback and guidance that helps map their future inside (or outside) the organization.
- Employees have confidence that decisions affecting pay are unbiased and fair.
- Employees feel a sense of inclusion and safety when it comes to learning, contributing, and challenging the status quo. They have control over their personal information and feel secure that their data is protected.
Environmental and social stewardship
- Employees feel pride in how the organization cares for society and the environment.
- Employees understand their impact and feel a direct connection between their jobs and company values.
- A percentage of payroll (e.g., 1%) is allocated to employee appreciation to ensure all employees regularly experience meaningful recognition moments.
- The full humanity of every employee is acknowledged and celebrated.
A culture of belonging
- Employees are valued as their authentic selves at work, with mental health/wellbeing and flexibility initiatives prioritized.
To assist you with the process, download the full application guide.
Choose Your Path to Making Work More Human
Workhuman Certified celebrates, educates, and elevates. And: it’s free. All you need is a commitment to progress. To nominate your company, click the Enterprise badge below. To become your own agent of change, explore the Professional path.
Frequently Asked Questions
Workhuman Certified is free for both Enterprises and Professionals – really! All you need is a commitment to progress.
Workhuman Certified Enterprise
Get recognized for a continued investment in and demonstrated progress towards making work more human. Truly progressive companies stand out against the competition, appealing to and retaining top talent.
Most enterprises can complete the application process in about 60 minutes. We ask three open-ended questions and request specific examples as evidence* demonstrating progress in each of the eight tenets. No documents need to be uploaded.
No, Workhuman Certified is open to all enterprises with a minimum of 10 full-time employees. If less, we encourage your team to participate in the Workhuman Certified Professional track.
Workhuman Certified Professional
Take the opportunity to strengthen your personal and professional brand as a champion for making work human. You’ll enhance your capabilities and expand your professional network through the Workhuman Certified community.
There is no exam! Workhuman Certified recognizes progress, not perfection, and your commitment to shape the future of work.
Completing the self-guided Workhuman Certified Professional track typically takes six to eight hours. (You set your own pace at times convenient for you.) Alternatively, you can attend an annual Workhuman Live event and immerse yourself in the content and community for 3.5 days.
Tips to help you select evidence that reflects the criteria our evaluation team is looking for:
- External Validation–Industry awards and certifications that acknowledge your progress in topics related to the traits
- Action–Specific initiatives that demonstrate your efforts to turn commitment into action in relation to the traits
- Innovation–New or unique approaches you’re taking to address long-standing or complex workplace challenges
- Outcomes–Data points showing results and positive trends associated with the traits of a Workhuman Enterprise
- Employee Voice–Qualitative or quantitative impact of your human-centric actions from employees’ point of view
- Stated Commitment–Documented, visible commitment to the traits of a Workhuman Enterprise
Think of your application as a pitch that showcases your company’s progress in becoming a human-centered workplace. Tell a compelling story of that progress by summarizing your commitment and action in the eight (8) tenets of a human workplace. Support your summary by sharing specific examples of your organization’s programs and practices as evidence of your progress.